They say that time waits for no one. That’s certainly true when it comes to the seasons of the year. Autumn of 2018 is upon us and winter isn’t far behind. That makes now the perfect time to see your dentist in Allen. Otherwise you may find yourself paying for benefits you never use.
Health Coverage Is a “Use It or Lose It” Proposition
For most of us, health coverage runs on an annual cycle that begins January 1 and runs through December 31. This means the plan starts all over again as soon as the clock ticks midnight on New Year’s Eve. For you, this means three things:
- You’re probably a long way from exceeding your annual maximums. In fact, studies show that less than 3% of people with PPO dental plans actually reach their yearly coverage limits. Why leave 97% of your benefits sitting on the table?
- Because you pay for dental coverage upfront, in essence you’ve already funded your dental care for 2018. By not taking advantage of it, you’re essentially giving the insurer your money for nothing. If you paid for it, then shouldn’t you use it?
- Most plans provide 100% coverage for preventative care such as cleanings and checkups. This means that a regular dentist exam will cost you nothing out of pocket. That being the case, why not take advantage of the opportunity while it exists?
Why Routine Dental Visits Are Important for Your Well-Being
Sometimes the best way to fix a problem is to prevent it from happening in the first place. certainly the case when it comes to your oral health. Here’s why:
- Dental problems can take a long time to become obvious to the patient. Why suffer a toothache down the road when you can avoid the experience entirely?
- Dental health is about more than cavities. Many health problems, including certain types of cancer, make their first appearance in your teeth, gums and mouth. Finding out about these conditions early will maximize your chances of a full recovery.
- Dental science is already improving. Problems that were once unsolvable now easily yield to advancing treatment. But you’ll never enjoy the benefits of ongoing research unless you see your dentist.
- Brushing and flossing are essential for keeping yourself healthy. But neither step can fully remove the plaque and tartar on your teeth. You need periodic professional cleanings, which you can only get at your dentist’s office.
- Seeing your dentist for regular visits enables the office staff to keep your information current, preventing the possibility of mistakes or confusion should you ever need emergency dental care.
The end of the year is all about relaxing and enjoying time with family and friends. Using your dental benefits before they run out will cross one more task off your list, allowing you to make the most of the upcoming season. So set an appointment with your dentist in Allen today for a more festive tomorrow.
About the Author
Dr. Lucian Daniel Narita, known to his patients as “Dr. Dan,” has been practicing dentistry for over 15 years. He earned his dental degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry in California and has completed advanced training in cosmetic, implant and endodontic procedures. You can reach his office online or by calling (972) 359-8500.